Sunday 4 August 2013

Nikki Ips, Deganwy North Wales

Well, My birthday weekend is upon us! My Birthday celebration seems to get longer and longer each year.. What a shame. We started this year's birthday celebrations with a visit to my in-laws holiday home in North Wales. I am from North Wales originally, so it is always comforting to be home. This visit included a visit to my favourite Avant-garde Chinese restaurant - Nikki Ips, Deganwy. Whilst I normally do reviews on Chester restaurants and Chester businesses, with North Wales being so close to Chester it seemed a shame not to include it. Although the prices are more expensive than a standard Chinese I feel they re well worth it.
* Picture taken from their Website. We started with a shared starter, We had two portions of ribs, some hot and sour soup and spring rolls. Their ribs are some of the best I have ever had - and I love a good Chinese. I then had their chilli beef. Their Chilli Beef is very unusual. It is very tangy, but I love it. It's a very acidic taste but it is really nice - very much to my taste but it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. They do a fantastic Sea Bass too. In fact - they do a fantastic everything! And a visit to Nikki Ips wouldn't be complete without the banana fritter and Ice cream dessert!! The food standard in this restaurant is high and consistent - and the service is brilliant. Our usual waiter (Stefan) is brilliant, perfectly finds the balance between a good sense of humour and quick and efficient service. Book in advance, it's a fairly small restaurant. Nikki Ips, Deganwy, North Wales. 57 Station Rd Deganwy, Conwy, North Wales LL31 9DF Telephone 01492 596611 As Always, no affiliation with this restaurant. Just a love of it! I have also been invited to re-attend Zizzi's as they are re-opening. What do we think? Should I go? And whilst I am thinking of celebrating, anyone have any birthday Ideas in Chester? I have a surprise coming up courtesy of the other half and the best friend and I am trying to figure out what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment